An all new gallery index and archive of Australian Photographs is being built in the meantime you will more recent pictures on these links.
- © New “Old Houses” Gallery here
- © New “Landscapes and Seascapes” Gallery is available here.
- © Flowers… here
Major infrastructure projects from Town Halls, Post Offices, Railway Stations, Hotels and Theaters all tell a story of hope and confidence.
Cities like Armidale or Ballarat were better designed in the early 1800’s than places like the Gold Coast in the mid 1900’s. The legacy of these early nation builders is substantial and evidence of their work can still be found in our increasingly urbanised cities, usually in the shadow of some highrise.
However Regional and Rural Australia is still dominated by colonial and heritage architecture combined with a proximity to the Australian landscape… it is a powerful and reassuring reminder of what makes Australia unique.
The pictures you find in the photo galleries here should be regarded as an entree, the main course lies waiting you… out there.
New galleries will include the Landscapes that surround the buildings, along with the flora and fauna that make Australia unique. 🙂
‘The whole object of travel is to not set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as foreign land.’ G.K. Chesterton 1874 -1936
“Take red. Much of the continent is red: red rocks, red soil, red dust, the Red Centre. But long before you reach the dry inland, or the Kimberley, there is red in the forests and woodlands. It is the inside colour of the bush. The ‘gum’ of gum trees is generally red. The coppery-red gimlets (Eucalyptus salubris) of Western Australia and many other species ooze red gum as if from stigmata. Sometimes when you split stringybark it pours out like blood from a severed artery. It was for this gum that the first Europeans to see them call them gum trees.” Don Watson – The Bush
These galleries are being archived with some relevant material being moved to a new index.
- North Terrace and some Adelaide City… being revised
- Leyburn-Clifton-Allora, pictures being added now… being revised
- Numinbah Valley…. being revised
- Pt Adelaide… being revised
- Qld Scenic Rim… being revised
- Western Scenic Rim… being revised
- Warick Qld… being revised
- Central and Northern NSW… being revised
- Goolwa-Middleton SA… being revised
- Darling Downs Qld… being revised
- Colonial Civic Buildings… being revised